The Edit: Connection is a Superpower
Behind every organisation are people – individuals with unique ambitions, fears, hopes, insecurities and beliefs. Building a sense of connection and community helps us to understand others, ourselves and lays a foundation for living a more meaningful life.
Are connection and togetherness the real superpowers of humanity?
This is our weekly edit of the global conversation on purpose.
- Take a look at Fast Company’s most creative leaders in business; individuals who are creatively pursuing purposeful and meaningful change (Fast Company).
- Why a circular economy is so crucial to slowing climate change, and how the consumer tech industry must embrace it (Raconteur).
- Returning to the office is shaping up to be more turbulent than the initial working from home transition. Is hybrid work the new future? (The Economist).
- Behind every business it’s just people: how virtual leadership relies on human connection (Forbes).
- Biodiversity and the climate crisis are inherently linked – we can’t solve one without the other. Here are four ways to tackle both simultaneously. (The Conversation).
- Is togetherness our natural state? People from across a divided US find meaning in communal living (The New Yorker).
- Feeling apprehensive about the reopening of society? This video essay gives a platform to often unheard voices of the pandemic (The New York Times).
- We never stop learning from each other: the power of connection through mentorship (The Financial Times).
“It is easy to get lost in the norms, anxieties, and vanities of one’s own orbit. What togetherness ultimately offers is the hardest of all human revelations: how and why to share pride in the smallness and the strangeness of each self.”Nathan Heller, in The New Yorker