This week, the world celebrated nearly 400M doses of Covid-19 vaccines rolled out globally. As a post-pandemic life feels increasingly in reach, now is the time to be reflective. How do we want to live when it is over?
In this week’s round-up, we tune into the global conversation on purpose, and take a look at the individuals and organisations creatively pursuing purpose every day.
- Firstly, a dose of positivity: read about why over 3 million people signed up for a course on happiness at Yale.
- Watch Deanna Mulligan discuss her new book, ‘Hire Purpose: How Smart Companies Can Close the Skills Gap’, in this edition of Mckinsey’s Author Talks.
- Why is trust so important in business?
- Explore how social audio is helping to shape a new future of communication and human connection.
- Ever heard of The Cold Blob? This interactive NY Times piece uses the globe to demonstrate how ocean currents are indicators of climate change, and why a ‘cold blob’ near Greenland is cause for concern.
- Why purpose is a necessity in building a more prosperous post-pandemic business, and how HR can be a driving force.
- Can AI be used for purposeful change, or is time for a reality check?
- Marvel at this carbon-absorbing, oxygen producing, algae covered couture collection.
- Two French architects have won the Pritzker Prise by ‘never demolishing’ buildings, placing purpose and sustainability at the heart of their work.
And finally, reflecting on a year of lockdown: how the pandemic has impacted connection, relationships and the whole world’s mental health.